Mosaic is presented by The London Hub in partnership with Project Phakama’s Vilela! Pop-Up Festival and Queen Mary, University of London
28th – 29th June 2012, 10.30 – 5.00pm
ArtsOne, Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End, London, E1 4NS
Key-note address on 29th June by Mojisola Adebayo, Actor, Playwright, Director, Producer, Teacher
- See fresh, new performances with the Mosaic Commissions
- Experience snippets of BAME art with Pop-Up Mosaics
- Challenge perceptions about art and quality in a debate with UK and international cultural commentators and arts practitioners
- Take part in practical workshops to create the ideal model for partnerships and equality in presenting BAME work to audiences
- Help to build a digital mosaic of historical BAME excellence
- Vote on the best ideas coming out of the symposium that The London Hub can take forward and implement
Mosaic is the place to sharpen your artistic practice and to strengthen the contribution of BAME art in the UK. Come and:
Add your voice to the sector which celebrates diversity of artistic practice
- Meet BAME arts practitioners who are leaders in their fields
- Join an international debate about BAME art
Our mosaic symbolizes the diverse artistic community coming together to make a coherent and representative whole. Diversity is imperative within the arts. If all the pieces of a mosaic were the same colour and shape it would be boring. We need different colours and shapes to continue to make the UK’s artistic contribution to society interesting. No individual piece is more important than another.
The London Hub believes that the key pieces of an artistic mosaic for the 21st century are: artistic expression, quality, excellence, all art forms and diversity of arts practitioners, organizations and venues.